English poem #?

untitled

Living in disguise
I'm walking in the midst of the night
and the phantom approaches me sayin'
"Forgive your brothers for all their sins they've done
They'll crave for what's left and what's gone
Only if you avoid them all"

Left out in my shadow
I see the living world suffering
My self-esteem blew
Hurtin' every single bone and soul

I close my eyes
Pretending I'm fine
Fact is, I ain't what I am anymore

Slammin' down the phone
I felt life much easier on me
Take me away
I am no longer in my usual state of mind

Please forgive me
I'm leavin' this crazy world for the rest of you
I don't wanna know whatever happens
I'm an angel in disguise...

reenacted 2001, created 1997
SGGS, Penang

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Balada Pa' Belalang

from http://www.symantec.com/about/news/release/article.jsp?prid=20090819_01

Folk Poetry/Pantun Rakyat