Another poem in English

note: This was created 7 years ago; I was a rebellious school gal and all I could do at that time was write. This poem complemented a novel I wrote about the same year. I later retyped the WHOLE novel and managed to keep it as a remiscence of my teenhood :)

ALONE

I tried to understand
I tried to comprehend
But nothing would come to mind
Everything seems blur and down
I know it is hard to be heard
For what I feel now is hard to describe

Loneliness...

Such a word, never a compliment
Knowing I'd be alone again
Roaming thru (through) heaps of memories
It seems never to end

Awake in bed late in the darkest of night
A lost shadow manoeuvres above me
There was a face I saw - shone the moonlight
With enquiries on it, putting me back into time
winding up the lost time

Loneliness is what I feel now...

Please forgive me...

reenacted 2001, created 1991
SGGS, Penang

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Balada Pa' Belalang

from http://www.symantec.com/about/news/release/article.jsp?prid=20090819_01

Folk Poetry/Pantun Rakyat